Control and Arpeggiator pot source

Home Forums LEET Synthesizer – Support Control and Arpeggiator pot source

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      stabadie
      Participant

It looks like the pots noted in the Control bill of materials are not common in North America. I’ve found a few Alpine pots but they’re either outside the resistance requirement or very long shafts. I noticed you used a common trim-potentiometer on the Chord design. Is that a possible alternative, with some redesign, for the Control and Arpeggiator or are they not robust enough?

BTW, thank you for this design! Looking forward to building the Keyboard first as I have those parts on the way.

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

Hi

I plan to redesign control in the near future and will probaly use trimpots instead. There are pros and cons: They are not as robust and the feeling and accuracy is slightly off, but size, ease to integrate and cost speaks to their advantage. Maybe avaliability too.

more knobs

stabadie
      Participant

That makes sense on the pros/cons. I have a few of those small trimpots around so I’ll try a rough modification from your existing STEP files to see how they work for the Arpeggiator. Also, I’ll keep looking around for those others pots or something with similar quality. Thanks!

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

I have redesigned the control with a version using trimpots instead (they work great):

LEET Control8

stabadie
      Participant

Awesome, thanks! I’ll need to order some more trimpots then I’ll give this one a shot.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.