HELP – DUMB, basic question, but: I BUILT IT, NOW: HOW DO I MAKE A SOUND?!?!?!

Home Forums General Discussion HELP – DUMB, basic question, but: I BUILT IT, NOW: HOW DO I MAKE A SOUND?!?!?!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      acorradini
      Participant

Hi Johan, and all – this is just out of desperation. I’ve built a keyboard, it works (when I plug it in, the blinkenlights all light up beautifully in sequence, and everything lights as they’re supposed to).

Now: I JUST WANT TO MAKE A SINGLE SOUND. ANYTHING! (And I think THAT would be a decent little bit of minimal tutorial: — here’s an example of a free DAW, on Windows, Android, iOS, Linux — and how to just play Do-Re-Mi….?)

So I’ve installed LMMS, it’s late at night, I’m tired, I have NO clue what to do to assign MIDI channels, instruments, whatever – I just want to PUSH A BUTTON, and HEAR A SOUND.

I’m going to bed – I’m exasperated – I’m sure I should know how that all works, and how a keyboard plugs into a DAW or something – but right now I’m just tired, and would LOVE a simple “NOW that you’ve got a working LEET – install this simple, basic OS DAW to test it….”

(And in case anyone thinks I’m just a complainer – I HAVE contributed a significant thread about where to find the right kind of wire in the USA, in the forum! :-) <3)

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

Hi

Just want to check if you got it to work eventually?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.