LEET Sequencer unable to update pattern during performance

Home Forums LEET Synthesizer – Support LEET Sequencer unable to update pattern during performance

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      commodore64
      Participant

Hi Johan, thanks for this amazing project, and greetings from Austria! I already built 2 Keyboards, 1 Chords and the Sequencer so far, including the stands. I am using this set together with a home-made USB-DIN-Midiconverter to control a couple of Shruthi Synthesizers.

Unfortunately, the sequencer I built is loosing ALL song information when changing from one pattern to the next in playing mode. It plays the first pattern perfectly, but goes fully blank shortly before hitting the end of the pattern. If I stop the song before and scroll to the next pattern manually the transition to the next pattern is working. I can start and stop any time and play around, so all is good, as long as I don’t get near the end of a pattern in play mode. I assume this has to do with the handling of file ‘led.txt’. All other functions seem to work nicely. When I restart the sequencer the full song is displayed correctly again. Any advice on that issue would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Andreas

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

Hi, seems like you discovered a bug in the code. I have not seen this problem, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I missed something ;)
      So it can only play one pattern (one display) no matter where you are in the song, or is it only the last pattern of the song?
      The function patternInc() at line 688 handles the next pattern and is loaded when curPos = 15 in the current pattern.
      As you mention, it could be some error with the files, did you try the two songs I included on github?

commodore64
      Participant

Hi Johan, thank you for getting back. I tried both songs and a third one which contains just a single pattern. Everything seems to work, songs and patterns are recognized from the SD card, and I can browse through the data. However, in play mode, the sequencer either freezes on pattern change (rare) or looses ALL song information (90% of the time) in that very moment. It keeps moving forward in time, but shows no song info, i.e. all patterns are empty after that event until I reset the sequencer. When reaching the end of the song , the sequencer stops and goes back to the first pattern, which is now also empty. When I e.g. change the song after this event, or hop around in edit mode, all data seems gone. Interestingly, however, everything is working perfectly  if I manually pause a running song for a fraction of a second in each pattern. In this case, I get correct pattern changes without issues in 100% of the time…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.