Trouble with Sequencer LED Matrices

Home Forums LEET Synthesizer – Support Trouble with Sequencer LED Matrices

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      pkd_
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m currently working on a build and have everything finished except for the sequencer, which is giving me some trouble. I can only get one of the 8×8 WS2812 boards to light up at any time. I’ve tested both independently and both work, and I’ve checked the pinouts for continuity and voltage and everything seems to be in line.

Only the matrix that is directly connected to the sequencer base lights up, the one next to it does not. I’ve done everything from making sure the in/out pins were connected properly, switching the order of the matrices, flipping them every which way; Nothing has worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

Strange, they are daisy chained, so data should leave the first module and continue to the second. I would double check the three connections between the modules again. There is a rick that the last or the first LED is broken and not being able to send data.
      You could experiment with connecting both modules to data out from the Arduino (removing the wire from data out) to see if both modules are showing the same image…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.