I was planning do samething comperable.

Home Forums General Discussion I was planning do samething comperable.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Erich2010
      Participant

Hi, I was planning to do something comperable based on perfboards and arduino or teensy.

are there plans to go to 3.3 Volts? I have already found some tricks to do so. To trigger the first LED, lower the Power from 5 Volts to 4.3 for the !first! LED via a simple diode. The second LED should get 5 Volts and in my testing, it seems that this works perfect with 3.3 Volt-Arduinos and 5Volt- LEDs.

While Corona, I repaired my old simple 16Step Drum-Sequencer where i used 3 pcf8574, 2 pcf-chips to drive the Buttons and LEDs and the third to drive a LCD. https://youtu.be/Tr9Y971fDvM  as these chips are available as modules it could be easy to build it as a LEET-Module.

I had planned to use ESP32 or ESP8266 Modules as a Synth but did not have enough time to testing. That way, – with a ESP8266 You could power it with 3 AAA-Bats and go mobile.

I am using Samplerbox on a raspi 3 and it seems that there is only one person on active development. https://homspace.nl/samplerbox/ – that version seems to work with raspi 3 but not with zero.

As I am using real midi gear with DIN-Connectors, a small converter from “TTL-Midi” to “Old Midi” would be great but it seems there are no standard-mini-boards available to fit into the LEET-Concept.

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

Hi

Nice projects, love the sequencer.

Your ideas for 3.3v should work, but if you use a level shifter  there is no need to sacrifice one LED.

I have experimented with an ESP32 as synth using mozzi, and a I2S DAC for sound out, but I also like the idea of wirelessly delivering Bluetooth audio to BLE speakers. Maybe one day…

If I’m not misunderstanding you a TTL 2 DIN midi is just a few components, (diode, resistor & optocoupler) and should be easy to add. LEET is built with MIDI over USB, but the devices should be easy to tweak if you want to add MIDI in or out.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.