Sequencer improvements

Home Forums LEET Synthesizer – Development Sequencer improvements

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

I created this topic for discussion about improvements, new features of the sequencer and implementation.

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

Here is a first list of features that would be nice to have in the future:

• Improved UI (LED key feedback on top row)
      • MIDI tick editing
      • Real time recording with quantization
      • MIDI clock support
      • Error handling using the LED matrix?

There are UI challenges to implement MIDI tick editing (adjust timeing and pitch of individual notes within a position). Same for selecting real time recording or step recording.

Any suggestions are welcome!

bspace
      Participant

I think a CV out for eurorack would make this even more amazing. Equivalent close to a beat step

keep up the awesome projects

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

Hi

CV out might be tricky, depending on your needs. The Arduino can only provide 0-5V so anything above that requires some sort of amplification and external power or DC/DC conversion. It can definitely be done, but for eight channels it becomes rather complex. For high quality signals external D/As are preferred, but for basic needs PWM would work with some filtering. The good thing with PWM is that you can amplify the voltage using a single transistor before the filtering, the bad thing is that modulation frequency (500Hz) harmonics will pollute the CV, affect response time, limited resolution (8bit) and possibly linearity…

Johan von Konow
      Keymaster

I have continued to experiment with Eurorack modules and have ideas about creating a MIDI host to CV/ trig converter module. My plan is to use a SEED Xiao as midi host / main CPU, together with 2x 12 bit i2c dacs and a OP amp stage to expand the CV voltage. That would give you two channels to start with, it would be quite easy to add more, but I guess that most Eurorack builds will focus on a few synthesis at a time anyway…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.